December 2, 2019

Letter From Ex


I came into your life almost a decade ago, do you remember?
Do you remember at all... how we spent those wonderful times together?!
The first thing you did every morning was to think of me!
And the last thing that ran on your mind was me! Of course me!

Every morning we would walk, sometimes jog, and even run...
And that sip of fresh fruit juice was so much fun.
They are all still so fresh in my mind, oh, do you know?
Like it all happened just a while ago!

There were times when you missed meeting me in the morning...
you would make sure to meet me before dusk. Trust me! That was truly rewarding!
I was so proud of you my love...
proud of your dedication, your passion and your deep love!

Do you recall how we spent time together planning your day?
From food to dance to jog to play!
Do you ever look back and see how I pushed you beyond your limits?
I wiped your tears, I made you smile, I boosted your energy and I often lifted up your spirits.

I was your strength, I was your confidence, I was your pride and I was your joy...
Somewhere deep within, I very well knew - I was part of you, and so were you!

Then came a day!
It was your big day, or so you say!
For me, it was the most dreadful day!
Yes I repeat, I echo, I shout a countless times!  It was the most dreadful day!

You promised me that we would live together forever! Didn’t you!?
But you used me, you got all you wanted... and then you were gone! How could you!?
I wondered, I questioned, I pondered!
And then, I waited ... I waited... I silently waited.

I tried reaching you, I tried talking to you,
I walked in your dreams, I tried to wake you.
None knew my grief except The One watching from above.
My Dear! You were so lost in your new found love.

Time passed, but memories stayed
My feelings for you never changed!
Deep within me I knew you would come back to me someday,
I knew you needed me, you craved for me and you missed me every single day!

I am waiting once again to be your strength, your confidence, your pride and your joy...
Once again I want to be part of you, and so would you!

Truly yours,
Exercise

“Exercise” referred to as “Ex” here, is writing a letter to his girl, asking her to get back into the routine of exercise. She had worked out so well during her pre-wedding days. She was so dedicated back then, but over time she got too busy in her new world that she totally forgot to give some time for fitness. So “Ex” is sharing his feelings and how he craves his girl to get back to action. We all often keep such short term goals, and dedicate ourselves only until we reach that goal. After that, we tend to ignore, we find excuses.

Exercise and fitness is not just for a week or month or until a wedding or a party is over. Do not ditch it after your goal is reached. Choose it as a lifestyle. Be regular. Make it a habit. Do it daily – for rest of your life. Make it your partner for a lifetime. It will turn out to be your strength, your confidence, your pride and your joy. 
#FitIndia


1 comment:

  1. Lovely Rashmi! kept me curious until I discovered who that Ex was :)

    ReplyDelete

Letter From Ex

I came into your life almost a decade ago, do you remember? Do you remember at all... how we spent those wonderful times together?! ...