March 29, 2011

My First Crochet Project

During my teenage days I have done abit of knitting. But crocheting was a totally new skill for me. I was determined to learn and borrowed few library books, downloaded free tutorials and patterns from the internet. I did have some knotty time with the yarn and the needles.
It was then I found this site which was very helpful to me (links given below). The instructions were so simple and the video helped me a lot to start off.

What you'll need:
- Sufficient yarn : I used roughly 8 rolls
- Crochet Needle: UK Size 12 ( you can use any size depending on your stitch pattern).

Prerequisites:
- First of all, spend at least 2 days learning basic stitches (SC, DC, HDC - a few to name).
- Learn to decode the crochet instructions.
- Last but not the least "dedication" & "commitment" is a must. :)

Once you know the basics, you can begin your project. I personally felt traditional granny squares are the easiest patterns and you will hardly go wrong or make mistakes. I took about 3 weeks to complete this project. I spent roughly 1 hour every day (mostly while commuting to & from office) to complete a 25'' x 25'' baby blanket. Don't forget to block your project at the end to give a proper shape... and now I am so happy n proud about it. Can't wait to begin using it :)

Started on Jan 15, 2011
Completed on Feb 07, 2011

Baby

10 comments:

  1. WOWWW!! Thats beautiful!!! Keep up the good work! I scrapped my crochet project by undoing everything!! :-|

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY Rash :) Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @divs: it must hav been a lot of fun for u to pull the yarn out rite. I would never do that! haha
    @pria: thanks dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's just amazin Rashu... ur first proj itself has come out so well... doesn't look lik one.. looks like an experienced has done it :) It's great lookin dear! Continue to enjoy crochet and be amused! :)
    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Thanks Di! I have lot more crochet ideas... lets see how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice..good color combination..nangu try madbeku materials sikkidre..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Rashmi, really neat work your baby will be very happy when he/she knows that you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ashwija: thanks. ya neenu maadu. alli weather'ge best suited :)
    Thanks ramya. ya, jus cant wait for baby to arrive so that i can start using it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ramyaGS: oh chey! ninge torsbaardu anta ithu :D bandaaga torsona andkond idhe.

    ReplyDelete

Letter From Ex

I came into your life almost a decade ago, do you remember? Do you remember at all... how we spent those wonderful times together?! ...